Saturday, July 10, 2010

Need A Hug?

A point that comes up several times in my book, is that we are powerless to fix grief. It can be hard to watch the suffering; there are no magic phrases to be offered. But I can assure you that, over and over, I have been told--and I have observed in my work at the funeral home,that offering a hug and offering to listen are deeply appreciated!

When I began planning the concept and content of Words for when there are No Words, Writing A Memorable Condolence Note, I remembered a simple ink drawing that I had made during my college years. The original art is in a 4 x 6 inch sketch book. The androgynous character sits hugging a pillow; I like the simplicity and flowing lines. It's an effective logo because it delivers the message:  Care enough to comfort and, A condolence note can be like a hug.

What do you think?

No comments: